Project Cost Accountant
Who Are We?
ForeFront (Fair Haven, NJ) is a global technology consulting firm. Our expertise enables enterprise-wide digital transformation through cloud strategy, systems integration, agile delivery and change management of custom applications. We work with technology disruptors to accelerate business transformation and solve some of the industry’s most complex challenges in the life sciences, retail, media, and high-tech. Our commitment is to keep your business at the forefront.
Why Join Us?
We were voted as one of 2017's Best Places to Work in NJ. Our team loves it here because of our environment, the various challenging projects they get to engage in at once, and the investment we make in training and growing our people.
What Will You Be Doing?
The Project Cost Accountant will provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
- Performs all computer data entry to generate and review related reports and routine financial statements
- Verifies data entry activity completed to ensure 100% accuracy
- Maintains all related accounting and bookkeeping records and accounting files in a neat, orderly and timely manner
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable, including preparation of company’s invoices, submitting and following up with customers for timely payments
- Update accounts payable, including preparing statements for Credit Card recording and processing, vendor payments and reconciliation
- Assist with reviewing of employee expenses and policy compliance
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements per legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assists in analysis of profitability of projects
- Support development of overhead rates used for project costing and quoting
- Coordinate with Sales & Marketing Team to assist in obtaining timely and accurate data to support the financial forecasting process
- Perform ad-hoc reports, projects and/or research as directed by the Senior Accountant
- Ensure accounting and finance activities are compliant with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal policies and procedures
- Proactively raise issues to senior accountant regarding financial or operational metrics
- Assist senior accountant in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, & yearly closings
- Assist with other ad hoc accounting projects as they arise
What You Need for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Proficient in Excel is must
- QuickBooks or other Accounting software experience a plus
- Salesforce experience a plus
- Driven mentality
- Attention to Details
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effectively
- Strong communication skills to collaborate effectively with internal team
What's in It for You?
Great growth opportunity with a nice work-life balance and competitive salary, medical benefits, paid vacation and much more:
- Great learning and growth opportunities!
- Great Benefits and Perks – Medical/Dental/Vision, matching 401k, Profit sharing and bonuses, Continuing Education/Certifications, Company Trips, Community Events, Philanthropies and lots of Team building!