Manager of Product Engineering
Who Are We?
ForeFront (Fair Haven, NJ) is a global technology consulting firm. Our expertise enables enterprise-wide digital transformation through cloud strategy, systems integration, agile delivery and change management of custom applications. We work with technology disruptors to accelerate business transformation and solve some of the industry’s most complex challenges in the life sciences, retail, media, and high-tech. Our commitment is to keep your business at the forefront.
Why Join Us?
We were voted as one of 2017's Best Places to Work in NJ. Our team loves it here because of our environment, the various challenging projects they get to engage in at once, and the investment we make in training and growing our people.
What Will You Be Doing?
Manager of Product Engineering will be responsible for defining and delivering product capabilities for our application suite. You will manage a product application team, driving the product vision, strategy and solution roadmap while leading the development team through all phases of the SDLC to produce scalable, highly innovative services. This role will champion engineering best practices, strategize business objectives with stakeholders and manage resources across multiple projects. You will manage and oversee the technology and architectural evolution of applications to continuously improve marketability, lower implementation costs and address industry needs.
- Lead and manage the Cloud Product Software Development team in executing the delivery of complex applications on time and within coding standards
- Build compelling business cases that articulates the value for new product/application development
- Make prioritization and trade-off decisions based on concrete research and analysis
- Guide go-to-market strategies and messaging by collaborating early with business stakeholders
- Develop long-term development and business technology strategies, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements
- Participate in the proposal, definition and development of demos
- Lead application implementations through their entire product life-cycle
- Define and prioritize product enhancements that address client needs
- Collaborate with finance on profit & loss (P&L) responsibilities
- Have attention to detail and a desire to oversee the build and test of quality code in an agile team environment
- Have familiarity with and desire to stay on top of cutting edge technology
What You Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems Technology, or Business Administration (Masters a plus)
- 8+ years of strategic product planning and product execution experience
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 5+ years of experience managing teams of developers and managers
- People management experience; building, leading and mentoring high performing teams
- Experience working with cloud-based applications (mobile a plus)
- Knowledgeable on AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Experience delivering SaaS solutions
- Knowledgeable in test-driven development
- Demonstrated analytic and quantitative analysis skills
- Experience managing budgets and a track-record of delivering products/projects on-time
- Experience working in an Agile-based environment
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
What's In It for You?
Great growth opportunity with a nice work-life balance and competitive salary, medical benefits, paid vacation and much more:
- Great learning and growth opportunities!
- Great Benefits and Perks – Medical/Dental/Vision, matching 401k, Profit sharing and bonuses, Continuing Education/Certifications, Company Trips, Community Events, Philanthropies and lots of Team building!
- Weekly Friday Lunch & Learns - BBQ's on the patio or ordering in
- Stable company in big growth mode – We are always at the ForeFront of technology!